To use FTP streaming please follow these steps: (See https://www.xldevelopment.net/help/xlscreenstreamer/?ftp_settings.htm for reference)
- In the FTP settings page, check the Enable FTP Mode box.
- Fill in your FTP server information including server address, username, password or private key, port, and target folder.
- Press the Test Connection button to verify that XL Screen Streamer can connect to the server.
-The target folder should be an empty folder on your server that can be viewable from the web.
- Press the Create Stream Directory to copy the necessary files over to your FTP server.
- Save your settings and return to the main dialog.
- Press the down arrow on the Start button and choose Start FTP Mode.
- Navigate to your web servers address where you specified the target folder and you should see your desktop stream.
A typical configuration would look something like this:
Server Address: ftp.myserver.com
Target Folder: /home/user/public_html/streamer (This folder will vary depending on your specific server setup.)
To access that from the web you would go to www.myserver.com/streamer